I ate six snickerdoodles yesterday.
I knew better, but I didn't care. Emotional eating, I guess.
So here I am at 4:30 AM blogging, since I can't digest them thanks to my obnoxious gallbladder.
Did I mention I'm having surgery in a couple weeks? My gall bladder and I simply cannot get along any more, and I need to get rid of it before we lose our health insurance.
It's been an interesting week (and a half).
Oh, how I wish I could go back to the beginning of last week and be wondering which color to paint our master bedroom.
Instead, we are trying to sell our house and look for jobs.
The boys are taking it pretty well. Brayden is the most upset. He's worried about running out of food, and leaving his best friend, Tanner. Caleb hasn't said too much, although he always remembers our situation in his prayers. Dillon is convinced that we should move, along with Tanner and his family, to a place where we can build houses that are attached.
We've assured Brayden that we have lots of food storage, and that if we have to move away from Tanner he can keep in touch through e-mail. I'm just letting Dillon believe it would be a good idea to build a house attached to Tanner's because it's easier than arguing with him.
Todd has been sending out resume's, and I have been taking pictures of the house and eating snickerdoodles.
I have moments of worry, but overall things here are calm...more calm than usual. I know it's because of the many prayers being offered in our behalf and the tender mercies of a Heavenly Father who is watching out for us, and carefully guiding us down a path we wouldn't have chosen for ourselves.
Thankfully, we know that He knows what is best.
(wish I had been thinking of that when I ate all those cookies...)

3 comments:
Felicia, your family is in my prayers... I think a few Snickerdoodles are mandatory right now. I hope everything goes well with your surgery. Wow, you're really getting your share of trials right now.
Hugs!!! Thats a lot to take in. Good luck with the surgery. I hope all goes well. I hope Todd can find a job quickly, job searching is so stressful.
I won't even mention what I ate today. 6 Snickerdoodles won't look to bad. Let me know if I can help any way with your surgery. MarJean
Post a Comment