Our newest addition:
We named her Liberty, but call her "Libby"
Born: 2002
29' long and 7,700 lbs (when her diaper is full)
Todd starts his new job next week, and until we can sell our house, this is where he'll be living. We've been watching the KSL classified's, and 45 minutes after "Libby" was posted on Thursday (in our price range) I made a quick call to the owner. Todd happened to be on his way through Cedar City and made a stop to see her (90 minutes after the ad was posted), and within 24 hours we became the proud owners of an RV.For Grandma's sake, I'll give you a tour:
This is my kind of camping...
What is Todd going to do with all this space?
I guess the kids and I will have to visit him often.
I love the fact that you can walk all the way around the bed.
The kids couldn't really care less about having a travel trailer...(ha, ha)
Actually, they spent half their day today reading...on their bunks!
When Todd went to level the trailer this morning,
he got choked up when he found this card from the previous owner's daughter:
Todd grew up traveling all over the country with his family in their RV. To this day I believe it is why he and his siblings are so close, and the relationships they built have gotten them through some tough times. Todd's mom often talks about the time that they spent reminiscing about 100 different nights that they had spent in their trailer.
When Todd and I first got married, I wasn't too keen on the idea of owning an RV. My idea of a vacation is to get AWAY from the kitchen, not take it with me. However, with the cost of feeding four boys in a restaurant (especially when they get to be teenagers), and the world we live in today (cell phones, internet access from anywhere, ipods, and movies in the car) I'm now looking forward to being "stuck" in such close quarters. We won't be taking it on any long hauls until the gas prices come way down (or our income goes way up), but we already have a list of places to visit in mind: Mesa Verde, Arches and Canyonlands, the Grand Canyon, Flaming Gorge and "Dinosaur Land", California, and someday Nauvoo.
I can't wait for the day when we can think of 100 memories that we made in our travel trailer.
When Todd went to level the trailer this morning,
he got choked up when he found this card from the previous owner's daughter:
Todd grew up traveling all over the country with his family in their RV. To this day I believe it is why he and his siblings are so close, and the relationships they built have gotten them through some tough times. Todd's mom often talks about the time that they spent reminiscing about 100 different nights that they had spent in their trailer.
When Todd and I first got married, I wasn't too keen on the idea of owning an RV. My idea of a vacation is to get AWAY from the kitchen, not take it with me. However, with the cost of feeding four boys in a restaurant (especially when they get to be teenagers), and the world we live in today (cell phones, internet access from anywhere, ipods, and movies in the car) I'm now looking forward to being "stuck" in such close quarters. We won't be taking it on any long hauls until the gas prices come way down (or our income goes way up), but we already have a list of places to visit in mind: Mesa Verde, Arches and Canyonlands, the Grand Canyon, Flaming Gorge and "Dinosaur Land", California, and someday Nauvoo.
I can't wait for the day when we can think of 100 memories that we made in our travel trailer.






6 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys! It looks really nice... I think you made a good choice! The note is so cute. I love that! We've enjoyed our camper so much. When you come to Dinosaur Land we'll bring our camper and be neighbors. :)
That looks like fun. One of my fondest memories of camping while growing up was going to Mesa Verde. Good luck on selling your home. Are there a bunch of homes for sell with his company cutting so many jobs?
We had an RV growing up! It was always a fantastic time. We are tent campers now, someday I might convince the hubs an RV would be good. :)
I'm so glad for a new job! What direction do you go for three hours? North maybe?
I love the RV! When we lived in Oregon we lived in a 13 foot trailer for the summer. Mom said they couldn't find a house big enough for our family of 9, so she settled for an RV as opposed to an apartment or a smaller house. It made sense to me at the time. Some of my fondest memories from childhood come from that summer.
Your boys look so happy on those bunk beds. Fun!
The triple bunk would've sold me on the RV idea!
That's how I've always wanted to travel myself! Someday... Glad to hear Todd got a new job.
Post a Comment