Sunday, May 20, 2012

In case you missed it

Dillon looking at the "ring of fire"
 We had front row seats for today's solar eclipse.  Unfortunately, I didn't plan far enough in advance and couldn't get my hands on any solar eclipse viewing glasses, so we watched it through a homemade pinhole projector instead.

Here's how it went down:


Somewhere between the "ring of fire" and the shadow puppet show, we discovered that the eclipse was also being broadcast across our front porch.

It was great free family fun, and I'm glad we got to see it, but I'm also glad we 
didn't drive to Kanarraville, or spend $30 on overnight shipping for 85 cent eclipse viewing glasses.  

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

very cool. Thanks for sharing because, yes, I did miss it.

Sandra said...

My cousin posted a picture of their garage that had the similar shadow. Very cool. A friend brought us over some glasses to use so we could look at it. The kids thought it was pretty cool.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

We missed it, but your pictures are awesome!

Shanda said...

that is so cool! I love it!