Last week I went to our school's final awards assembly for this school year.
Brayden got a Super Scholar award. I wish I'd gotten it on video when they called his name, because it was a surprise to him and he was so cute when he realized they had just called his name. His teacher is constantly amazed at the way Brayden can have his nose in a book and still know exactly what is being taught ;o). He is reading at a 10th grade level and has to "turn in" his kindle every night before bed so we can make sure he's not staying up all night reading.
Caleb got his second award for the year. In February he received a citizenship award, but I forgot my camera and therefore it never got "blogged". This time he received a "Hero Hunt Award" for being an all-around good kid. The Hero Hunt award comes with two "bobcat bucks" to redeem at the school store, and a framed certificate in the trophy case.
Way to go, boys! We are proud of you.
I recorded Caleb getting his Hero Hunt award, because they read his certificate aloud to everyone.
This isn't a very good picture, because it was taken from far away. Brayden attended his first Boy Scout Court of Honor this week where he earned his Tenderfoot rank, as well as Citizenship in the Community, Communication, and Orienteering merit badges.
I didn't know I got a "mother's pin" when they earn badges. It occurred to me that I could potentially have A LOT of pins someday. Since this one left a hole in my shirt, I'll be more careful about what I wear to scout meetings in the future.


6 comments:
Yes, with 4 sons, you are likely to rake in the Mother's pins...tee hee.
I remember my mother having a grossgrain ribbon bandalow/necklace of her own that she wore to scout functions displaying the pins of her son's ranks. She never lost them, had them all in once place, and avoided pictures of her sons pawing at her boob.....:)
My friend gave me one of those mom's ribbon things. It goes around your neck and comes down to a v, one side is cub scout colors, the other boy scout colors. You can just pin the pins right to the ribbon. It is fantastic!! I've just piled both of my boys' pins on it, Tyler's closest to the v, and Cooper's up a ways. I just googled it for you, and here's a link to something that looks like mine: http://www.mothers-pride.com/
I was going to tell you about the ribbon too! They used to have them on scoutstuff.org but I couldn't find it. They do have this one http://www.scoutstuff.org/bsa/gifts-gift-cards/awards/ribbons/boy-scout-proud-parent-pin.html
Happy pinning!
Apparently the ribbon thing is popular, cuz I was going to mention that too. :) I have one for my 3 boys' Mom Pins, and I love it.
Also, I've been meaning to ask you, would you terribly mind changing your comment format to the pop-up version? Most times when I try to comment, the page loads with your fish in the comment slot...and then I can't put in my two cents!
Ok, I meant to say:
Yay! You changed it to the pop-up commenter!
Now I know you really love me ;)
Post a Comment