Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hot

I dedicate this post to my brother-in-law, Michael, who spent his winter coveting our weather.

Our thermometer today:
 Now all our friends and family can laugh as they bask in their 75 degree days.

We got our electric bill today, and I was pleasantly surprised that even with our air conditioner running most of the past month, the bill was still $10 less than we paid in "the middle of nowhere" and we didn't have air conditioning there.  I'm sure it will be higher the next few months when we hit 100+ more often, but I think with the amount we save in the winter on heating, the cost is going to balance out.  
Whew.  I was worried, but it's not going to be as bad as I thought.

On the bright side, our backyard neighbors have a pomegranate tree
with several branches that hang into our yard.
I don't mind a bit.
I think the flowers are super cute, and they attract sweet little hummingbirds.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yep I don't envy that weather. Those flowers are beautiful!!!