This year, for the first time ever, our kids experienced "real" trick-or-treating where you walk door to door around the neighborhood. I've always been a huge fan of trunk-or-treat because I love getting it over with in 20 minutes, but I may have to change my tune. It was kind of fun to run into ward members while we were out and about, and the best part was that the kids were so tired they put themselves to bed at 8:30!
Brayden dressed up as a wizard (neither of us knew how to tie a tie, and since Todd wasn't home when we left, he couldn't wear his red/yellow Harry Potter tie--he had to choose one that was already tied).
Caleb decided two days ago that he wanted to be Jack Sparrow. We used the hair that I made for Dillon's birthday earlier this year, and cut up one of my old shirts for his vest. We used our fireman boots and covered the yellow stripe with electrical tape.
Dillon went as a bat, using a costume I made for Brayden a few years back. Easy peasy.
I went "all out" and put spiderwebs on my eyelids...that's the most "costume" I've worn in years!
Justin had expired by the time we took the picture above. He went as a cowboy (much to Todd's dismay--"a cowboy is not a costume it's a way of life"). Here is a picture from earlier in the day as he was throwing a fit during the costume parade at the elementary school (which happened to be during naptime).
And here are the obligatory photos of the costume parade. I missed our old school when I had to park clear out in timbuktu and carry a cranky toddler for miles (uphill both ways) to watch the parade.
"But why the rum?"
In other news, Todd was able to fix my computer last night! The bad news is that he used Windows 8, and now my beloved (and ancient) Photoshop Elements 5.0 will not run. Sigh. Since living here, I've lived for 4 months without a printer, 3 months without my computer, and now I'm without Photoshop. It's like losing a limb. I think not having photoshop will be the hardest. It's really the only program I use anymore. I can't change my blog header without it, so I guess it will be August on the blog for quite awhile...

3 comments:
I love Caleb's costume. And I hate trunk-or-treating. Halloween, for me, is NOT about the candy. It's about mingling with neighbors & pictures of cute kids. I would much rather walk around for an hour and get 20 pieces of candy than do a lap around the parking lot for 100 pieces of candy.
Sorry about your photoshop. I'm willing to help with your header if you want.
"a cowboy is not a costume it's a way of life" = best Halloween quote ever! ;)
love the costumes! I am a big fan of trunk or treating, but I like mixing it up. We've taken to doing a little of both. We trunk or treat, then let her choose a couple houses she wants to walk to.
Post a Comment