After I paid for my groceries and got the shopping cart out to the van, I discovered that Justin had done a little shopping (or shoplifting) himself. We had to go back into the store and pay a DOLLAR for giant smarties.
I got a little more organizing done in my quilt studio, and quilted this quilt for Vanessa:
the quilting:
Ahh. Babies in the tub are the best, aren't they? I once saw a poster at the pediatrician's office that said, "If they're crabby, put them in water." It works every time. Justin especially loves his foam letters.
On this particular day, I pulled some homemade playdough out of the fridge and bought myself two hours. TWO HOURS! Here he is, making cinna-rolls.
I had planned to take a before and after picture, but forgot to take the "after".
His room was spotless for almost 10 minutes.
Brayden's "Wax Museum" pose. He was Albert Einstein. When you stepped on a "play" button by his foot, he came to life and told you all about Einstein. It was really fun, and he did an awesome job.
I've been working on a new organization system for myself, and so far I am loving it. I'll post more later, but didn't it turn out so stinkin' cute and girly? I've been a little burned out on boy stuff lately. The pink pens are mine all mine and nobody in this house is allowed to even think about using them. I made the dividers myself using digital scrapbook paper, and my trusty-dusty laminator. Oh, how I love my laminator.
We have loved having Grandma living near us in the RV park for the winter. Last weekend we had tickets to see their annual "Hee Haw" production.
Justin made it through most of "Hee Haw", but finally gave in and slept (until there was clapping..he would join in and immediately go back to sleep). Since that night, whenever he sees plaid he shouts, "Hee-haw!"
Proof that Spring is around the corner. I don't know how y'all up North are surviving the winter and the nasty inversion. We have clean air and 50-60 degree days and I am still chomping at the bit for spring.
This is what haircuts look like at our house. The red looks so much darker on the floor!
Other stuff:
I love, love, love my iphone. Apps, photos, video, Siri, Facetime, instant messaging, etc. I love it all. I really thought I'd only use it for coupons, but it's almost like I grew another arm.
I hate, hate, hate Windows 8. Hey, that rhymes...
Caleb has started 4-H computer programming and is creating his own video games--and they work. When I was his age I made homemade newspapers with my crayola markers. He and his friends are considering doing Lego League next year. He just registered for his sixth grade classes, and some of the classes he chose were Orchestra (violin), Lego Robotics, Lego Service, Pickleball, Crime Scene Investigation, Crazy Art, and Crochet. Well rounded, don't you think? Music, Science, Sports, Art, and...Girls?? Maybe he really just wants to learn to crochet.
Todd started his first full day at his new job today. We went to Cal Ranch this weekend and bought him some new boots and Wranglers. Fifteen years ago if you'd told me I was marrying a cowboy I would've laughed.
I have [purposely] lost 10 lbs since Jan. 1st. I'm in the process of trying to gather my thoughts, and I will post more about weight loss soon.
I'm sitting here trying to figure out what Dillon's been up to. When I figure it out, I'll let you know. He's a sneaky one, that Dillon.

6 comments:
I love your crafty things you do!! and that quilt is beautiful! little guy is sooo cute!
Oh, I loved this post. I'm thrilled you have an iphone just for the prospect that there may be more "photo dump" posts in the future.
Hee-Haw! for Todd's new job!
Love the quilt! Great quilting!
I have been trying to lose weight since mid-January but my will power is low. I have actually gained weight since having the baby! Please give any tips/motivation/thoughts that might help. :)
I loved this catch up! Your quilting looks absolutely gorgeous! Your organization is drool-worthy. I want to see it in person.
The quilt is AMAZING!!!!! Oh, to have just talent!!!!! Love your blog, love you!
That quilt is beautiful. How much do you charge for quilts?
Post a Comment