Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Day of School!

I just went an entire summer without a single blog post.

Having four boys trapped inside for three months because of 
110 degree weather kind of threw off my groove. 

Somehow, I survived.  And lived to tell about it.  And tell it, I will.  
I just need a couple more days to relax and bask in the quiet.  I had forgotten what it was like 
to think an entire thought without someone asking for food, or tattling, or making a mess.
  
It's glorious.

My "tweens" headed off to 6th and 7th grade.
 And my Dillon on his way to 3rd grade.

Justin kept himself entertained, and after a couple hours of quiet I actually heard the words,
"I miss my boys" spill out of my mouth.  

While I was waxing sentimental, I created this 
collage.  When did my babies grow so big?  And why did it happen so fast?


And then they came home. 
With instruments.


And amid the "dying cat parade",
 I missed the quiet.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Bunch of handsome boys, you've got there. Can't wait to hear the cat parade after it turns into twinkles. :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I love the collage! And I'm so excited to read about your summer. :)

Julia said...

My seven year old just started piano lessons and it gets pretty rowdy, lol! I can only imagine two violins :)