Wednesday, April 23, 2014
March looked like this...
Top to Bottom; Left to right:
- Dillon turned nine! He invited a friend to go swimming with our family for his birthday activity. He has started piano lessons, and moved in to the Bear group in Cub Scouts.
- We participated in [yet another] pinewood derby. Dillon's Seahawk's car took first place in his age group.
- My derby car was pink and glittery and had a W.R.A.P (white ribbon against pornography) on the bumper. It also took first place in the family division, which Todd was proud of because he had to hollow out the entire inside to make it light enough to compete. I only cared about the glitter paint and the bow.
- I got pregnant right after my last miscarriage (found out on Valentine's Day), and then found out an hour before the pinewood derby that I was going to have another miscarriage. Dr. was monitoring my hcg level, and when it started to go down, we knew it wasn't a viable pregnancy. It was a rough few weeks, but Justin took good care of me.
-For Spring Break, we had planned a getaway to Las Vegas. We chose a hotel with an amazing pool and a full kitchen, and had a great time relaxing as a family. I was waiting to miscarry, so it was a good distraction.
-While in Vegas, we drove to the temple grounds and talked to the kids about how there is good and evil anywhere you go in the world, and you can find what you are looking for. They refused to go to the Strip, which was fine. When we left town I asked them if they felt like they had just spent three days in "Sin City", and they said no. It was a good experience for them.
-The hotel also had a game room, where we played checkers, pool, and air hockey.
-We also visited to Red Rock State Park. It was beautiful, but not the kind of red rocks we are used to!
- On the way home, we got caught in a line-up of cars that were backed up because of an accident and a vehicle fire. We finally pulled off at a gas station when we had less than a quarter of a tank, and the station was out of gas! We had to get back on the freeway going the other direction and backtrack to get gas.
- After our vacation we found out that our pregnancy was ectopic. I had to have two shots of a cancer drug to "dissolve" the pregnancy, and go to the lab for weekly blood tests to make sure the pregnancy completely dissolves. As of right now, my hcg level is still at 37. I go in tomorrow, and hope it is down to zero.
- As soon as I was feeling up to it, I took the house by storm, and cleaned out several closets and rooms. I still have plenty to do, but it felt good to de-junk and "lighten up".
- Silly Justin can always make me smile :o)
- We came home from church one Sunday and found that a wind gust had knocked my beloved crabapple tree into our house, and broken our main water line. Within minutes, our home teachers showed up for a scheduled appointment. They helped us get the water shut off, then went home to change, and returned with shovels and extra help. Within three hours we had the hole dug, the branches cut, the stump pulled, and the water line fixed. It was all because of people doing their callings. I feel very blessed by how it all turned out, although I miss my tree :o(
- Dillon made a bat/desert diorama for school. He learned about hot glue the hard way, but he did a great job on his project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This post just made me cry... love for you, sorrow for your losses, and all you had to go through, love for those who love and help you, love for your sweet boys who help you... well, now I'm just crying again. Love you.
Copy and paste exactly what Mindy said!
Post a Comment