A friend of mine from Wayne County always used to say that May is every bit as busy as December. After trying to put together this blog post, I have to agree! There hasn't been a dull moment this month.
Left to Right, Top to bottom:
-The "fourth" was with me for my birthday this year, as I happened upon a garage sale down the street and snagged a 5' wide electric fireplace for about 1/15th of the original cost. Our heat pump just doesn't quite do the job for the two months of winter here. Now we have a fireplace for upstairs and down.
-Brayden and Caleb finished their cooking merit badge by making Taquitos for dinner. It took a lot longer than if I'd done it, but they tasted great!
-Justin got really sick* (food poisoning?) and he and I spent an entire night awake on the livingroom floor. Poor little guy lost nearly 5 lbs. overnight. It took him a few days to recover, but he's back to his usual crazy self.
-In the center pic, he is showing me his playdough robot, and to the right, he earned his flashy badge for [finally] pooping in the potty. We have #1 down pat, but we're still working on #2.
-Caught my crazies in the chair together, and tried to get them to hold still long enough for a picture...
-End of school activities included Brayden and Caleb's orchestra concert (not pictured), and Dillon's Art night. His elephant was one of two that were displayed in a frame.
* Let me clarify, that Justin's sickness had nothing to do with his brothers' taquitos :o)
I can't help but take pictures of the garden growing. It's so magical to me. I think I lack faith that things will really grow from that little seed, so when they do, I get pretty excited.
Left to Right; Top to bottom:
Blossoms on our brand new apple tree, strawberry harvest, first tomato, new pomegranate tree, polka dot plant, first bloom on our trumpet vine, Corn!, planter box, and Todd planting my Mothers Day roses (late at night).


1 comment:
That fireplace looks gorgeous, what a find! And I love that pic of your adorable boys in the chair together :)
Post a Comment