This is a picture of my Brayden, with two of his distant cousins.
Spencer's grandma and my dad are 1st cousins. Keaton's mom and my dad are 1st cousins.
On Friday morning, Keaton's mom drove her school bus route as usual, but didn't feel well when she got home. By 11:00 that night she was having trouble breathing and went to the emergency room. They ended up doing a tracheotomy, but at 4:00 in the morning she passed away.
I just keep thinking over and over how unfair it is that Keaton, who is the same age as my Brayden (10), has to grow up without his mom. You just don't expect your mom to go to work one day and be gone the next. My heart breaks for their family, and for Great Aunt Julia and Uncle Vaughan who lost their daughter way too young.
Sandra was 47, and left behind her husband, two married children, a son on a mission, and a 15 and 10 year old.
Times like this cause me to reflect on the Plan of Salvation, and my own purpose in life. Am I using my time wisely? Are my priorities in order? Do I understand what it is that Heavenly Father wants me to do?
I wonder if my Grandpa (her uncle) was there to meet her on the other side. I wonder what she is doing, that could be more important than raising her family here on earth.
I am grateful for my knowledge of the Plan. I know that Heavenly Father knows what is best and if we trust in Him, we can find peace in our trials. Through my miscarriages I learned that the atonement is not only for sin, but also for sorrow.
I pray that Aunt Julia's family will feel His love and peace through this difficult time.

7 comments:
I am so sorry for you loss. My prayers will be with your family.
So Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. I learned the same thing about the Atonement when I was in the hospital waiting for Lexie to come. What a blessing it is to have the Atonement.
Oh dear, my thoughts are with you and your family. I will pray for Keaton. <3
so sorry :( we never know why people are taken so young, but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. even for Keaton.
My sister passed away when she was 46 and left behind 6 children, the youngest was only 5 at the time. Elder Holland was able to give my niece a blessing and he told us that my sister was supposed to go home where she could be a better mother on the other side of the veil than she could ever be on earth. Hopefully when we pass on, we'll understand why things happen. I hope your family finds peace.
"I feel my Savior's Love" was my sisters favorite primary song, her 11 year old son played in on the violin at her graveside... :(
My thoughts are with you.
Felicia, Anita told me about your blog at the viewing and I couldn't wait to see it. That picture is so fun to see, but breaks my heart at the same time. I have had the same feelings, thoughts, and reflections this week. It is so hard to understand why! I know the Savior will help us through though, and will especially help Steve and those little kids.
It would be great to catch up with you. I found your Quilting Bee blog and you do such amazing things! I have a blog, but it's private, so I just need to get your email to send an invitation. You can email me at heidibrowning@comcast.net. Be in touch,
Heidi
It's always so sad to hear about anyone's mother being called home to the other side of veil. We feel for the family and their heartache. Even so, we are grateful to know that those on the other side live and are carrying out their missions and assignments preparing for the time when the rest of us will join them.
Post a Comment