Friday, May 6, 2011

My talented friend Mindy

Last week, I had the rare opportunity to meet up with one of my best friends, Mindy.  She and I go way back--back to when I was first married and living in the ward where I grew up.  To everyone else I was Floyd's daughter, but to Mindy I was just me.  She moved into the ward while I was away at college, and didn't know me during my awkward teenage years.  I am eternally grateful that our paths crossed because she has had a major influence on who I am.  She is one of those people who makes you better just for knowing her.

She is extremely talented in everything she does, from music to church callings to exercise classes to photography, and she blesses people daily with her talents.  She did a photo shoot with Justin while we were together and she did an amazing job of capturing his personality.  These are the first (and probably only) professional pics I have of him as a baby and I am so grateful!  I love you Mindy! Go check out her blog to see more!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

You brought tears to my eyes. :) If I had anything at all to do with the amazing person you are today, I am honored. You're one of the best people I know and I'm so glad we're forever friends. Thank you for making the time to see me... I miss you.

Cathy Brian said...

WoW!! Great picture. What would life be without friends?

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Those pictures that Mindy took all turned out so cute!!

Kellee said...

She did a great job! I loved her comments of each one. She truly is talented. He is so cute and huge!