Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Valere Hope Project

On May 6th, one of my best childhood friends had a little niece born stillborn at 39 weeks.

I am heartbroken for their family and wanted to do something to let them know I care, so I started the "Valere Hope Project".

If you would like to participate, please think of little Valere Hope (pronounced Valerie) as you go throughout your week. Look for ways to memorialize her sweet name, and then take a picture of it.

We (my friend Wendy and I) want to give her parents a book full of pictures of their daughter's name spelled out in creative ways.  You could build it out of legos, write it on the sidewalk with chalk, or even pick the letters out of your alphabet spaghettios.  The possibilities are endless, and it will only take a few minutes to let them know you care.

Please send pictures to valerehope@hotmail.com

Here are a few that I've already received:

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, so clever... especially the notes! I love that! I'm still thinking... I think I'm overthinking, but I'll get it done! :)

Unknown said...

When I heard about their baby last week I was heart broken. I wanted to do something. There were so many people there for us and that helped so much. Having people remember and care about us meant everything. I am so grateful you are clever and came up with this idea. I will be sending mine in soon.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

that is so sad:(

this is a great idea...I'll see if I can come up with something...