Todd actually learned to enjoy cutting/chopping wood to heat our house. When we first moved in I wasn't very happy at the idea of having a wood-burning stove, but now I would prefer to never live without one! Hauling wood was a perfect chore for our boys, and we moved our woodpile several times just so they could have a job! (Shh, don't tell them)
We learned a few things about plumbing along the way. We now know what we can do ourselves, and when we should call a plumber.
When our bathroom flooded, Todd had to replace the floorboards before installing the new floor.
We learned that it's not a good idea to build a metal shed in the wind. There were many times that we truly believed the whole shed was going to collapse. There was lots of swearing, yelling, and finally...a prayer. Once we got it together it was fine, but Todd still framed the inside with 2x4's.
I don't have a before picture of this wall, because there wasn't anything there. It was a dark corner in the kitchen next to the stairs. Replacing the back door with one that had a window was probably the best thing we ever did. It not only lightened up the kitchen, but allowed a cross breeze since we don't have air conditioning. I designed this "organizational wall" and Todd built the pieces for me. It is definitely one of my favorite improvements.





2 comments:
I'll admit that I cried a little for you looking through these posts... I get really attached to houses.
What a great series of posts!
Post a Comment