Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Drive-in movie night

Last Sunday, Dillon asked if we could watch Cars 2 for Family Home Evening this week.  It was perfect timing since I wanted to do a fun family activity every time there's a 5th Monday.  I taped up some of the boxes from our garage (that I'd just broken down the day before), and the boys each decorated their own "car" for our drive-in movie night.
 We ate homemade "kids meals" for dinner, and then we had popcorn and movie theater candy while watching the "big screen" (we don't have a TV downstairs--just a projector that we watch on the wall).  Justin got a box of raisins instead of a box of candy, and his "popcorn" was really freeze dried yogurt.
Justin sat in his car for all of five minutes, and then toddled off to the playroom, where he discovered our Lightning McQueen, Sally, and Mack toys and brought them back to the family room to play.  

Brayden's car was cleverly changed from a "Fragile" to a "Ford".  He drew the appropriate guages/radio/clock/lights, and added an "I love bats" bumper sticker on his car.

Caleb, as you can see, brought his three brothers along in the backseat:
The best part of this activity was that the popcorn and snack mess was contained in the boxes :o)

3 comments:

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

ahhaaa!! LOVE the boxes, so cute!

Rachel Holloway said...

GENIUS! So adorable....thank you for sharing such a fun idea!

Andrea said...

How fun! I love the containment. :-)