Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas George and more

Last night I got a bee up my butt wild hair, and decided that Christmas George needed a Harry Potter costume.  The coat was ridiculously easy to whip up.  The tie...was not.  Oh well.  It looks like George made it himself, right?  The kids found him this morning, watching Harry Potter on my ipod.
 Brayden caught "the bug" today, and is taking his turn on the bathroom floor.  At least it will save me some money since he won't be eating.  I caught this pic of him eating breakfast the other day. This was just his first bowl of cereal.
 I volunteered to read a Christmas book to Dillon's class this week, and we were supposed to give each child something that went along with the book.  I read "Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear" and handed out these candy cane mice that Dillon and I made.  Each child also got an extra candy cane to give away to someone else, just like the mouse did with his presents.  It kind of made me miss teaching. Besides preschool, 2nd grade is my favorite age, and the kids in Dilly's class were so darn cute.  I may just have to sign up to read another book next week.

I am really enjoying Christmas this year.  Last year we were so busy with moving that I kind of missed Christmas altogether.  It was just one more item on the to-do list.  This year I've been able to take time to enjoy the small things, like driving around to look at the lights, making this craft with Dillon, and watching the Christmas clips on the Mormon channel with the kids. I told Todd that I'm pretty sure the Mayans were right, and the world really is going to end on the 21st, because it's the first time in a long time that I've felt ready for Christmas, and really enjoyed it.  It would be just my luck to have "the end" come beforehand :o).

1 comment:

Violadiva said...

I'm loving this Christmas George, but I have to admit, I read your first sentence as this:

"Last night I got a bee up my wild butt hair"

LOL!