Thursday, July 7, 2011

Blessed

Last Sunday, the kids and I followed Todd to the RV resort where our trailer is parked to spend a few days with him.  We got there at about 9:30 at night (just after dark) and noticed right away that our propane tank cover was missing.  Todd got out and walked around the trailer and saw our chocks and locks on the ground, and our stabilizing jacks were bent and the wood underneath had been moved.

A neighbor from the resort ran over to tell us about the "hundred mile an hour winds" that had ripped through the park a few hours earlier, and pointed out that the trailer next to ours had a tree on top of it!  Another man told Todd that he "thought [our] trailer was gone" because it was rocking back and forth so hard. 
The stabilizing jacks on the back of our trailer were bent up underneath, and the wood was a few feet away.  

Todd was able to bend the jacks back into place, and we gathered up the wood and chocks that had been scattered, and within about 30 minutes all was well.  

Before we said our family prayers that night, Todd gathered the boys together and told them that when he was leaving the trailer the previous week, he felt prompted to pray for our trailer to be protected while he was away.  He stood in the doorway and said a quick prayer before he left, and our "home" was protected in the storm.

I am grateful for a husband who was "in tune" and followed that prompting.

(The man who had the tree fall on his trailer showed up at about 11:30 that night and was able to get it moved.  Luckily, the damage was minimal). 

The next morning, I took a few pictures around the park.  I think we missed quite a storm (and I think I'm glad we missed it)  Down the road there's a storage unit with a metal roof that is all twisted from the wind.  There are also pieces of the metal roof all over the mountain behind it.

1 comment:

Cathy Brian said...

WOW!! What a blessing. What a Great Man. To feel the promptings are one thing but to follow through and do what he felt he ought to strengthens testimonies and blesses sons :)
Thanks!!!