Monday, August 15, 2011

A bunch of random stuff

Grandma G. gave Justin this cool tunnel for his birthday.  So fun! 
We'll have to make it the entrance to a fort soon...

A couple weeks ago I made the mistake of taking four boys to Tai Pan, and Caleb knocked this caterpillar lawn ornament over and it broke.  After $12 (ouch) and some super glue, we were able to use it for Justin's party.

I almost forgot, but I stuck him in the ground at the last minute.  So glad we could get our $12 worth.  (Grr).

About a week before Justin's party I made these "caterpillar in cacoons" with hot dogs and refrigerated breadsticks.  I served them over ketchup and mustard butterfly wings, but they were not a hit, so we didn't make them again.

This little black collared lizard has been hanging around our trailer and entertaining the boys.  If he gets really scared, he'll walk on his hind legs.

This was Brayden's first helping of cereal this morning. In some places it was nearly 1 1/2" higher than the bowl.  We've had to limit him to no more than three servings.  How am I going to feed four boys for the next 20 years?

A few weeks ago, I was tired and lazy and didn't prepare a family home evening lesson.  Todd was out of town and I decided to ignore the fact that it was Monday.  At 9:00 PM Caleb asked me if I had a lesson ready, and I sheepishly told him no.

He told me he would give a lesson.  Fifteen minutes later, I was treated to a unique portrayal of the story of Helaman and the stripling warriors.

This is the Lamanite army:

And the younger and smaller Nephite army:

The war raged on for a little longer than was probably necessary, but none of the stripling warriors were killed.
I'm glad that Caleb made sure we had family home evening that night.

3 comments:

Bridger Elementary PTA said...

So cute. I hear ya on the cereal! Andrew does the same thing. I'm always surprised when it doesn't start overflowing.

Bridger Elementary PTA said...

Sorry, this is Sandra I forgot to log out of the other account

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so cute, I love how our kids help remind us of FHE.

As for the cereal, Gabe is 13 and it gets MUCH worse. He can go through a box in one sitting! (He has to buy his own now)