Thursday, August 25, 2011

First day of school

I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow I drove to school today with a 5th grader, a 4th grader, and a 1st grader in tow.  I walked Dillon into his classroom, but the older boys took off on their own.  Apparently they didn't need want my assistance.

Don't worry, Mom.
The spots on Brayden and Caleb's shirts are just water from brushing their teeth.
After taking a 45 minute walk with my cousin, Erin, I went to Walmart. It was nice to go with just one child, who sits in the cart and doesn't touch anything.  He didn't need to go to the bathroom while we were in the middle of the store.  He didn't ask for a toy. He didn't complain about his feet hurting.  He didn't whine that he was hungry. He just grinned and babbled.  And on the way to and from the store?  He slept.

But, even as pleasant as my shopping trip turned out, I have to admit I missed my boys. I was excited to hear about their first day of school. Dillon had the only homework, but when he was talking to Todd on the phone, he said, "It was so easy, it was like kindergarten work!".

I've got one with brown eyes, one with blue/gray eyes, and one with green eyes!
Looking at these pictures, I'm feeling the need to start saving for braces.  Sigh...they grow too fast.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

They're so handsome!! And good job with the pics. :) I love the "stains" on their shirts from brushing their teeth... we need proof like that at our house. ;)

Sandra said...

Wow Brayden has grown up so much! I'm with ya on the 5th grader, 3rd grader and 1st grader. Yikes how did that happen!

girlsmama said...

What a handsome bunch! We just put braces on our 5th grader. Yup. Start saving. It really paid to "shop" around. One ortho was twice as much as the others.

Clark Family said...

cutest boys ever....how can we possibly have 5th graders Felicia? Middle school scares me!1

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I can't believe all the different eye colors your kids have! That's very unique! Such handsome boys! Love the red hair!