"Let there be peace on earth public school
...and let it begin with me this week"
I think I'm ready. Not as ready as other years, but it's time. Time for a schedule, and a routine. Time for school lunch. Time for my house to stay clean for 3 hours instead of 3 minutes.
Despite all our craziness this summer, it's been a good one...maybe our best ever. We've played games, gone to the park, spent hours in the pool, and grown closer as a family. It was much needed, because our last few summers have gone by too quickly.
But I'm ready to move on. Unfortunately, we're still in limbo with no real prospects for selling our house. We'll just have to make the best of our back-and-forth situation and hopefully our fall will be as great as our summer...though it's hard to imagine without Todd around.
I'll miss him when I have to mow the lawn, or start a fire in the mornings, or scrape the ice off my windows, or take the kids to school (he usually dropped them off on his way to work).
The internet at the trailer is not fast enough for skype, but we'll start having scripture study and FHE via speaker phone. I'm going to try really hard to have all the chores done during the week so that when Todd is here on the weekends we can play.
And when everyone's gone to school and the baby is napping? I'm going to play. I've put in a lot of years to get to this point and it's my turn :o) I haven't worked out my daily schedule yet, but it's going to include time to exercise. And time to sew...for myself. At least there are a few good things on the horizon... :o)

1 comment:
Amen. :)
Post a Comment