I just discovered the first drawback to living here.
It's a roach.
And it's on my laundry room floor.
One of the best parts of living in "the middle of nowhere" was the absence of bugs. Besides the ants, the two week long housefly invasion every August, and the occasional spider, there really weren't bugs. I bet I could count on my hands the number of mosquitos I killed in my house during the six years we lived there.
Since living "down South" we've already encountered roaches (all outside...until now), black widows, Hobos, and the kids say they saw a brown recluse. We also have a black collared lizard living in the cinderblocks next to our sandbox.
Todd says they found a tarantula in the kitchen where he works.
A lady in front of me at Walmart was buying some kind of product because she found a scorpion in her garage.
I think a scorpion would put me over the edge...
5 comments:
Ah, critters. I grew up with all those "down South" critters. Don't miss them one bit. ;)
Have I ever told you my scorpion story? Nick and I killed 7 scorpions in 5 months in our first apartment in Vegas. We even had an exterminator come out. When he asked what he was spraying for and we told him, he said, "You can't kill scorpions with any chemical. The only thing that works is this!" and then he stomped the floor with his big work boot. That was comforting.
As far as scorpions go, the bigger the better. It was the 2 clear ones I found in our AZ house that scared the crud out of me. That's the draw back of moving away from winter. The bugs don't freeze. :-)
Yeah...the bugs. Abby is terrified of them (all of them). We will be spending a lot of time inside again this summer.
Yikes. Kevin would love to move to Missouri to live closer to his parents but the bugs are what get me. They are MASSIVE here. We say a huge huge spider more than once and there are just so many other little and huge bugs. I hear ya about the scorpion that would do me in as well. Good luck. Hope you can get your hands on a bunch of bug spray :)
eek! i would NOT like that. crawly things bother me
Post a Comment