Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter weekend

We had a wonderful Easter weekend at our house.
It was filled with church, ham, Reeses PB cups, egg dying and hunting, naps (for the adults), 
and plenty of family time.

It took Justin a while to get into the egg hunting thing...until he realized there was candy inside!


Dillon chose to hunt for eggs in his pirate hat.

We color-coded the hunt to make it more fair.  Each child was assigned a color (or in Justin's case, a character).  They had to leave the yellow, green, blue, and Elmo eggs for the assigned person.
The pink, orange, and purple were free for all.

The golden egg had a coupon, "eggs"changeable for a Wii rental from Redbox.
Other "prizes" included coupons for extra computer time, ice cream, and getting out of dinner chores.

Todd took a spin on Caleb's bike

Our camera batteries died, so I didn't get any pictures of our egg dying activity.  A neighbor girl joined us on our patio, and after every egg had been dyed 2 or 3 times, it got dark so we turned on a light and set up cones for the kids to rollerblade/ripstik/ride scooters around.

Todd and I secretly wish we could ride the ripstik. 
We watched in awe as the kids wove through the cones.

We finished our celebration by watching Easter Bible Videos on Sunday night, 
with the air conditioning on, since it was at least 80 degrees in our house.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Love your color coding and your coupon egg ideas! How do you come up with so many fan-freakin-tastic ideas all the time??

Ashton and Shanda Call Family said...

I want your warm weather!! You are amazing! You always have the best ideas!

Cathy Brian said...

Ahem!! I can now ride a ripstick =) but I can't weave in and out...I can barely keep my balance and have to hold my arms way out to the side. I'm sure I don't look very cool but, Hey that never was my goal. I just wanted to ride one.