This has been such a fun activity for us this year. The kids all love it, but especially Dillon. He has asked that George do something curious both at night, AND while he's at school. I'm doing my best, but it doesn't happen twice every day! Every night, Dillon brings George to me before he goes to bed, to make sure I don't forget. (I may have forgotten once or twice, which is the beauty of having older kids, and not having an elf who reports to Santa).
Here is George, driving one of Justin's "Tween" slippers down the banister...
One night, George stayed up late and made mini doughnuts out of "Vanilla-O's" cereal and melted chocolate chips. He made a mess of my clean countertop.
By the time the kids got home from school, those doughnuts had magically grown into after-school snack!
Another night, George hijacked the Little People Airplane and flew through the kitchen. The kids giggled and giggled over this one.
Wheee!
(I used some really strong clear thread, and hung the plane from our kitchen light fixture)
Today I pulled out this old vending machine/bank that I bought years ago when Caleb was being potty-trained. Brayden got home before I had it set up, so he helped. Apparently, there's actually an episode of Curious George where he makes a vending machine and calls it "George-o-matic 2". Brayden made the sign himself, and filled the machine with candy bars. Next year, I think I will put the older boys in charge of setting up "Christmas George" and let them have fun watching their younger brothers be surprised every day.
4 comments:
I LOVE reading your posts! they make me smile and feel in the Christmas mood. I love how creative you are...the one with the donuts! awesome! I've said it before...you are one awesome mom!
How fun. I think I definitely want to have a leprechaun come.
You are hands-down THE most creative mom I know. You come up with the best ideas! Your kids are lucky to have you. :)
:-D
Post a Comment