Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Chapel

Our family has the opportunity to clean our church's chapel this month. While we were there, I took a few pictures because it is such a neat building...more like a tabernacle, really.  There is no air conditioning, so we try to avoid siting in the balcony in the summer.  And yes, I have seen kids throw toys "overboard" in the middle of sacrament meeting.

View of the podium and choir seats from the balcony

View of the balcony from the choir seats

View of the hand-painted ceiling. (The RS sisters painted the gold design!)

The pillars are beautiful.

7 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm your first follower! That means I love you the most. <3

Rachel Holloway said...

Seroiusly, that is the COOLEST chapel I have ever seen! If I had a church like that, I would go every week! (okay, kidding. I do go...but mine is totally not that cool!) :)

Dedra said...

Your chapel is beautiful! We had to make our blog private because of the little girl we are trying to adopt. We don't want her 'family' to find her and thwart our efforts. Happy New Year!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

What a beautiful chapel! :) I would love to see those RS sisters up on ladders and scaffolding painting the gold designs on the ceiling :) YEAH!

Sandra said...

Wow that is pretty.

Anita said...

Love your new look and sooooo glad you didn't stop blogging all together!! Keep up the good work!

bevanmission said...

I seem to have such an appreciation of the different architecture styles of our chapels - and this is definitely a great one!!