Throughout December, amidst the "Christmas crazy" I kept telling myself that as soon as Christmas was over, and the kids were back in school, things would calm down.
I was wrong.
I had a "date" with my calendar yesterday, and between basketball, scouts, piano, Dr. and dentist appts, and RS we have something (or 2 or 3 somethings) on every weekday night 'til March.
Since we have Kindergarten splitting up our days this year, I
Sigh.
I guess this is my new normal. I've become "Taxi Mom".
Thankfully, my "taxi" is equipped with a DVD player and bum-warmers in the seats. I have no room to complain!
Every day I am in awe of the mother's who have 6 or 8 kids. I don't know how they keep track of everything from schedules, to homework, to chores.
If anyone has any great crock-pot recipe's, or 10 minute dinner idea's I'd love to hear them.
*********************************************************************************
Speaking of calendars, I have to include this story about Caleb, our resident "hoarder":
Before Christmas, Todd had the boys do a deep clean of their room. He told Caleb to throw away his calendar because there was only one week left in the year, and we had already acquired a free 2011 calendar for him to use.
Caleb resisted, and exclaimed, "But Dad! We can re-use this calendar in seven years. I want to keep it!"
*********************************************************************************
3 comments:
Ha ha Caleb's a smart kid. I can only imagine how it will be when they hit high school and do sports or other extra-curricular activities. We have something every day too. I'm sure it will be that way till they leave home.
I just sat down to finally print myself a 2011 calendar... but got distracted with reading blogs. Thanks for reminding me why I sat down.
And thanks for the reminder to enjoy the short period of time I have left where our lives are relatively unscheduled.
Did you let him keep the calendar?
I have a favorite calendar with beautiful pictures of the Savior. And so I print out a calendar and then glue the months over the previous year's months and still enjoy the images that I love.
Post a Comment